Monday, April 2, 2012

2011 - a good year for short listings!



It was fun being feted by Holland Park Press at their celebratory event as one of five shortlisted poets out of 900 entries to their Angels and Devils Competition on the subject of family relationships. Also good to be there with Rosie Garland and hear her read her winning poem. Thanks to those lovely people.
I was chuffed to be commended in The New Writer’s Collection Competition - among the top ten entries. As a result, some of my poems will be published in The New Writer later in the year. Definitely progress from the Honourable Mention they gave me in 2010! 
And in the prestigious Cinnamon Poetry Collection Competitiion, my collection was longlisted.
The poem ‘Slackening’ was shortlisted in The Grey Hen Competition, and two poems were shortlisted in The Second Light Competition.

All very encouraging, as is an invitation by Oversteps Books to submit a collection at the end of this year.

Plenty to work towards, then! 

Thanks to all of you who've looked at my published poems from 2011. I hope to add many more in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment